The Caty Chronicles: Ways to stay single: Dating do’s and don’t’s

From a very young age we have been conditioned with certain rules and etiquette of the dating world. Even a 3-year-old watching Cinderella for the first time learns the ways of how one should be romanced.

If dating is as simple as a Disney movie though, why does it prove to be so frustratingly difficult for so many people?

There are many things that can go wrong that can assure that the other person will absolutely never call again, but the great thing about mistakes is that they can be learned from.

If single life is the life for you though- here are 10 different stereotypes to choose from if you wish to quickly run off every potential soul mate.

1. The Dryer Sheet– Be clingy. Text all of the time, use LOTS of emojis and make sure you stop by his/her house unannounced at least bi-weekly.

2. Cry Baby– Cry a lot. Had a bad day? Call that person up and pour your heart out for at least an hour. Make sure you only dry those crocodile tears if you are cuddled, coddled or are soothed in reassuring baby talk.

3. Sir Brags-A-Lot– Talk about yourself all of the time. Accomplished something remotely interesting? Find a way to bring it up and relate it to every conversation.

4. The Convenient Store– Always make yourself available. Have no social life unless it involves him/her.

5. Great first date, can the second one be our wedding?-Talk about babies and moving in together on the first date.

6. Baggage Claim– Make sure to tell all of your deepest secrets and most tragic moments the first time you meet.

7. Drama Queen– Be very loud and enthusiastic. Giggle a lot if possible.

8. Gossip Girl Talk about everyone’s business. Be polite and invite them to do the same.

9. The Moocher Do not offer to pay for anything. Accidentally leave your wallet at home. Every. Time.

10. Mother Goose– Give lots of unwarranted advice and scold. A lot.

All of those of course are exaggerations, but the roots of each mistake are all very real. We overthink, over plan and end up ruining what could have been a great thing.

Just relax and be yourself. (Unless you found yourself asking, “Is she talking about me?” while reading the above list.)