‘Shayliff’ to perform at Pickle Barrel

The band Shayliff will be rocking out this Friday night at a newer venue, Pickle Barrel, adding more live music to Monroe’s growing night life.

ULM students are encouraged to come listen to music and have a good time.

“We’ll just give them a good show,” said lead singer Shay Bailiff, “We’re known for our live shows.”

Students may recognize the band from when they opened for “The Fray” last Spring Fever or from Sixth Street Bar- a location that they have frequented here in Monroe.

Bailiff describes the band’s music as a mix between southern rock, indie and blues.

They are an original band, but according to Bailiff you can expect to hear some covers at Friday night’s show.

Not only have they opened for “The Fray,” but also other big-name headliners including “The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,” “3OH!3” and “Dia Frampton.”

“Cleary they’re good enough to do headliners. So why not go check them out,” said Hannah Elias, a junior psychology major. “ULM students need to support live music or it will die,” said Elias.

Shayliff has been together a little over 2 years now, but the members have known each other for much longer.

The band is from Stonewall, and their first album, “HERE WE ARE,” was self-released last December.

This band is not just a group of friends making music; it’s also a family affair.

The drummer, Grayson Bailiff, is also Shay Bailiff’s twin brother.

Other band members include their fellow friends Micheal Brown and Jacob McGarry.

There will be a $5 cover, and you must be 18 years old to get in. The band is expected to start playing around 10:30 p.m.