Another Meyers’ book hits the big screen

Stephanie Meyers, creator of the Twilight Saga, strikes again with her new movie “The Host.”

The movie is based off Meyer’s novel of the same name.

Honestly, the movie trailer did not nearly reveal how good the movie was going to be. Yes, it gave the basic plot, but for the most part it showed random pieces of the movie. It wasn’t until I actually saw the movie that the pieces all made sense.

In “The Host,” Earth has been overtaken by aliens, who choose not to necessarily harm the humans, but to live with them in harmony.

However, to do this the aliens must invade the body of a human as their host. Sometimes the soul of the host would die away.

Other times, the soul would create a resistance against the alien, which is what happens to the main character, Melanie Stryder, played by Saoirse Ronan.

Before Melanie is invaded by the alien, her main goal is to protect her little brother, Jamie, and her lover Jared Howe.

When their hiding place becomes known by the aliens called seekers, she hides her brother and promises that she will come back for him. This promise is what helps Melanie to resist her alien, Wanderer.

Instead of deleting the memories of the human host or using them to help the seekers find the other humans, Wanderer chooses to help.

Unlike their other hosts from different planets, she realizes humans have strong feelings that she can’t help but to feel herself.

For the rest of the movie, Wanderer and Melanie work together to protect the humans from the seekers. However, there is one seeker, played by Diane Kruger, who will not give up until she finds Wanderer, though no one really knows why until the end.

There are so many more details to share, but what would be the point of going to see the movie if I spoil some of the most important and surprising parts?