Fallon’s new night job should inspire us to dream

Jimmy Fallon, host of “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” finally announced he was taking over the “Tonight Show” next February.

If you know me, you know how obsessed I am with Mr. Fallon. I look up to him because he’s from a small town like me and he chased his dream. And look where he is now.

There were many paths that the “Tonight Show” could have taken with hiring a new host. I believe the show chose Fallon because he is younger than the other guys and has gained a younger audience over the years.

Every show he does is quirky, unique and oftentimes has an awkward sense of humor tied to each skit. But that’s his style.

We are all unique and have our own style, so we should all use it to our advantage.

For instance, I can be very sarcastic, but I also like to do funny impersonations like SNL’s “Crazy Target Lady,” played by Kristen Wiig.

Fallon got his big break on SNL, and I would love to be on there one day myself, writing skits and performing them, too.

He is someone to look up to in terms of his success because he has gradually worked his way to the top but hasn’t let it get to his head like most celebrities do.

He’s working everyday instead of just living off his riches. He even went to college while he worked on SNL.

Jimmy Fallon took a risk on doing comedy because let’s be honest, that isn’t the best paying gig out there. But he didn’t stop doing what he loved.

Back in 2012, singer Tony Bennett was a guest on the show, and he talked about how his entire life he has gotten away with doing what he loves. Coming from a legend, this touched and inspired me.

We were kids when Jay Leno and David Letterman were the big stars on late night television.

As part of the younger generation, I think we all need to be brave and step up and take the initiative to start our own paths to success.

Although Fallon might be filling in Leno’s seat, he’s bringing a new style that is all his own.

To those graduating in May, take the opportunities that come your way. Whether you’re from a small town or not, you have the ability to make something of yourself.

Fallon is just one of the many faces our younger generation can look up to. He is a testament to how motivation and patience pays off for those who never give up.