Here comes the bride with class in mind

Amanda Gibson exchanges vows with Ryan Gibson at their March 21 wedding.

While other students plan an outfit for a Friday night party, Morgan Todd pours over her detailed plans for her upcoming wedding.

The senior criminal justice major adds to today’s increasing number of college brides.

These brides hear it all: You’re too young to know what you want in life.

Todd said she abandoned the youthful desire to party once she entered college.

Her wedding on June 6 will occur right after her graduation.

Of course, Todd said planning a wedding kept her stressed.

She’s planned as she’s also attended the university as a full-time student with a full-time job.

She said she wanted to focus mainly on completing her degree since school has always been her first priority.

“Your education is something no one can ever take from you, so I always wanted to finish college and get my degree,” Todd said.

Though Todd planned but waited to wed until right after college, senior criminal justice major Amanda Gibson married her husband in March.

Gibson also said wedding planning while in college proved stressful.

“The only wish that I have looking back is that I would have waited for school to be over so I could focus more on other wedding and schoolwork at separate times,” Gibson said.

Despite the stress of balancing books and being a bride, both brides said they would not change a thing about their weddings.

The brides’ juggling acts don’t go unnoticed by their fiancés, family and friends.

Justin Bell, a senior computer information systems major, will marry senior pre-nursing major Emily Wright on May 23.

Bell said his bride handles the amount of stress that would be “an unbearable amount” for most well.

“I think her being a bride in college puts her in an elite class of women with management skills to be able to balance work, school and plan a wedding,” Bell said.

Bell’s advice for college students planning a wedding is to ensure they’re financially, spiritually and mentally prepared for it.