Women’s Symposium organizers to host Coffee Talk

(Editor’s correction: Coffee Chat will be held Thursday starting at 7:15 a.m. instead of Monday)

The positive feedback from the inaugural Women’s Symposium held in March prompted ULM’s Women Symposium to host a Coffee Chat table discussion Thursday starting at 7:15 a.m. in the SUB Ballroom.

The goal of the event is to keep each participator empowered, energized and motivated to continually develop in their personal and professional lives.

The free event will “continue building on those nurturing conversations about important women-related topics.”

Based off the feedback from the Symposium surveys, the event will discuss growing professionally and personally through community involvement and volunteering, the outdated expectations imposed on females and how women from different generations find common ground through common experiences. Each table will feature a leader to guide conversations.

The next ULM Women’s Symposium will be held on March 29, 2017 in the ULM SUB Ballroom.

The Women’s Symposium mission is to “empower, motivate and encourage girls and women from all backgrounds and all educational and professional levels to pursue their passions and seek leadership roles in their desired career paths. To embrace the support of both men and women for the betterment of all.”