Queen of the Galaxy

Queen of the Galaxy is a band made up of ULM students. Band members include junior Will Hieronymus, the lead vocalist, senior Mason Coats on bass, senior Stewart McCulloch on guitar, and senior Aaron Willett on drums. The band will perform their upcoming album release concert for “Within the Noise” at 10 p.m. on Jan. 28 at Tsunami.

The band itself has been together for a year and most of the members are music education majors, except for Willett whose major is music theory and composition.

Their songs are original, and although they do play a couple of cover songs, they are not a cover band. Some of their original songs are titled “Rainy Day,” “Crawl Like a Snake,” and “A-bro-ham.”

According to McCulloch and Hieronymus, the influence behind these songs is everything and everyone. “I had these songs before,” Stewart said, “but they take on a new character when everyone contributes.” They deal with lyrics and tunes that take from every genre, and they’re available for listening on ReverbNation. com or on Facebook.

The band was asked how they felt about the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), which Coats had this to say,

“As a musician I understand where they’re coming from with ending piracy, but we’re not in this for the money. If stuff gets pirated, that’s what they’re going to do.”

Willett responded with, “I’d imagine if I was at the point where I was relying on my album to make money, then I would be upset as well, but that’s not the point. We’re making music for the sake of making music.”

When it came to the question of whether it should be passed by the government they all replied with, “No!”