Sobering spots

Waffle House helps to cure those late night hunger pangs

Going out and partying on the weekend is a common activity for many college students. With drinking and late-night excursions comes those 2 a.m. hunger pangs. Around here, Waffle House seems to be the go-to place to cure them.
One of the main reasons Waffle House is so appealing to students who are awake during those wee hours of the morning is because it’s open 24 hours. Convenience is a priority for many college students.
Multiple students said that cheaper prices are what make Waffle House the better choice over other 24-hour spots like IHOP. Both restaurants are known for their breakfast menus, but there is a considerable difference in pricing.
“It’s a better atmosphere for college students,” said Cherrelle Carroll, a senior health studies and marketing major from Kingston. Carroll also said Waffle House was cheaper and quicker than going to IHOP.
Some students said IHOP is more of a sit-down restaurant, while Waffle House has more of a relaxed and casual feel.
Pricing and atmosphere are not the only reasons students choose Waffle House.
A review on tripadvisor.com stated that Waffle House was “great for those after-the-bar-need-to-sober-up moments.”
Jared Hayes, a senior construction management major from Shreveport, said, “I usually go there because my ride goes there, but it helps start the recovery process.”
Atmosphere, pricing and convenience all come together to make Waffle House Monroe’s “sobering spot” of the moment.