Feeling burn of Spring Fever

RJBrown

Last week ULM students celebrated Spring Fever Week. It was an opportunity for students to go on one last wild and fun spree before finals.
The theme was “Too Extreme for a Theme.”
“We were going to do ‘Rock Out with Your Hawk Out,’ but somebody on the administration didn’t like it, so we voted between [‘Too Extreme For a

Theme’] and ‘Sorry for Party Hawking,’” said Courtnie Pollard, a freshman sociology major and CAB member from Jennings.

The winning theme seemed to be a hit among students.
According to Pollard, students really responded to the Spring Fever shirts this year, saying possibly because this year’s shirts were brighter than the normal black or maroon shirts.

Students sported the bright pink and green “Too Extreme for a Theme” shirts all week long, making for a colorful campus.
Students took advantage of the theme by participating in all of the extreme planned activities. Throughout the week, students got the ch

ance to play laser tag, ride a mechanical bull, eat boiled crawfish, participate in the Food Olympics, see The Fray in concert, get muddy playing Oozeball, attend movie night and much, much more.
“I liked it. Being too extreme is never a bad thing,” said

John Davis, a sophomore construction management from Jonesville.  Davis said Oozeball was most definitely his favorite event.
While each event was exciting, multiple students agreed that Oozeball was the highlight of the week.
“It was fun playing with my friends on my team, and i

t gave me an excuse for playing in mud and having a good time,” said Mitch Welling, a senior toxicology major from Lake Charles

.
Spring Fever 2012 was an extreme success.