Irish pub keeps on rocking out

Enoch’s offers live performances to ULM community

Irish pub keeps on rocking out

Enoch’s Irish Pub and Café has been entertaining Monroe with live music for 33 years. The local pub hosts live bands and singers.

Enoch Doyle Jeter opened the pub with his wife Yvette on St. Patrick’s Day in 1980. Jeter said they started presenting music the day Enoch’s opened. “Music is an integral part of who we are,” Jeter said.

Don’t be fooled by the name, this Irish pub doesn’t just supply Celtic music. Enoch’s goers can expect an eclectic range in the types of music showcased. Within the next month alone Enoch’s has blues, Irish and Latino music on the menu.

For the past 33 years Enoch’s has hosted the John Lennon Birthday Celebration on Oct. 9. This celebration started two months before Lennon passed away. Jeter has even received notes from Yoko Ono thanking them for doing the event.

Enoch’s has also hosted “The Northeast Louisiana Celtic Festival” for the last eight years. This year the festival will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Oct. 6, at Kiroli Park in West Monroe. The festival is always followed by the “After Fest Jam” at Enoch’s.

This year’s festival season kicks off on Sept. 6, with a concert by Bua, a traditional Irish band from Chicago. The concert is hosted by VAPA  in the Biedenharn Recital Hall.

Over the years many super stars have visited the bar for “a pint and a bite to eat.” The superstar’s include Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson and The Go-Go’s.

Celebrities still grace the pub with their presence. Just a couple of weeks ago “The Voice” finalist, Rebecca Loebe,  performed at Enoch’s.

But some of Enoch’s biggest support comes from ULM’s very own faculty and student body.

“They have one of the better pub scenes in Louisiana,” said Logan Laporte, a senior aviation major from New Orleans. Laporte said the two-for-one burgers are his favorite part of the Enoch’s experience.

Jeter is grateful for the support received from ULM.

“The students and faculty at ULM have always been a big part of Enoch’s, and we cannot thank ULM enough for being a part of who we are,” Jeter said.

Enoch’s is still a bar, so if you want to hang out at this pub you have to be at least 18 years old even during food service hours. Usually after 11 p.m. the bar only allows people 21 years or older.