Apple presents new iPhone

Apple came out with its newest technological toy last week: the iPhone 5.

The new iPhone has a larger display screen than the iPhone 4S and comes with even more apps and gizmos for Apple addicts to enjoy.

The display screen may be larger, but the phone is lighter and less bulky than the previous iPhones.

Apple made sure to not sacrifice style for function when designing the newest model of the iPhone.

“If the technology didn’t exist, we invented it. If a component wasn’t small enough, we re-imagined it. If convention was standing in the way, we left it behind. The result is iPhone 5: the thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever,” according to apple.com on the design of the iPhone 5.

One of the many newly updated features the iPhone 5 offers is the built-in map app. It actually figures in present traffic conditions to give you your estimated time of arrival.

“I am an Apple product junkie. I have to have my hands on the latest model,” said Cody Jackson, a junior pre-medical laboratory science major. Jackson currently owns the iPhone 4, a Mac laptop, and iPod and is looking forward to growing his Apple collection.

While some students look forward to having the newest in technology, some students are looking forward  to the improved functionality of the phone.

“I liked how they changed the graphics on the GPS because I always use the GPS on my phone to get around town,” said Melissa Snelling, a freshman pre-nursing major.

Snelling said when her contract is up, she will most likely join the iPhone 5 club.

The iPhone 5 was available to order on Sept. 14. Originally, the iPhone 5 was set to ship on Sept. 21 but Apple has pushed back delivery.