Fall break can be 4 days of fun

How college students “should” spend spring break is common knowledge.

Trips to Panama, Gulf Shores and doing anything involving partying- all qualifiers for suitable spring break activities.

How students are “supposed” to spend fall break is more of a mystery.

With no pre-conceived ideas on how it is supposed to be spent, the possibilities are endless. Plus, it gives room for thinking outside of the box.

With the length of fall break (four full days) it is possible to make plans to travel, or stay in town if you so choose.

Fall break is at the opposite end of the calendar as spring break, so it might be fun to plan the opposite type of break as well.

If you choose to spread your Warhawk wings for a few days, here are some options to get your brain pumping with ideas.

If you like zydeco, country and rock music, then you may be interested in attending the Rotary Bayou Music Festival on Oct. 6-7 in Lafourche Parish.

Supporting the Warhawks at Middle Tennessee’s Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium on Sat, Oct. 6 is also an option. Grab some friends, a ULM bumper sticker and make a road trip out of it.

If you are looking for a more grand vacation get-away, then grab your Halloween costume and join in Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla. on Oct. 4 or 5.

If you choose to stay in the nest, there are some closer-to-home ideas you can use to bide your time.

With Halloween coming up, fall break will be the perfect time to go pick out a pumpkin and carve it with your friends.

Have a contest, or go to a local pumpkin patch and make a day out of it.

The Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo in Monroe would be a great choice for animal lovers or if you just like to be outside in the cool, fall weather.

Fall weather presents so many options. If you just want to be lazy, you can still have good, old-fashioned, random fun.

Rake leaves and jump in them, get a hot coffee and go read on a park bench, or go rent Halloween movies and have a marathon day.

Fall break is Oct. 4-7. Don’t let it pass you by.