Baseball blood series won by Gray team

The Gray team tied the blood series Friday at two all and forced a game five. Shelby Aulds was the winnig pitcher and Josh Faciane drove in the only two runs of the game.

On Saturday, the Gray team won 11-6. Since the Maroon team lost they will now have to donate blood to a local blood bank.

The Gray team was trailing 1-0 in the fourth, and then scored four runs in the inning to take the lead. Ryan Bergeron began scoring with a RBI single up the middle, knocking in Logan Fiasco.

The Maroon team scored two runs in the bottom of the inning, but the Gray team responded with three more runs to extend the lead to 7-3.  Fiasco hit fifth RBI double down the left field line in the fifth inning.

The Gray team added the last three runs of the series in the eighth inning.

Fiasco led the Gray team with a 4-for-5 effort with one run and one RBI. Brandon Alexander finished 2-for-5, including a homerun with three RBI and three runs.

Jared Dye notched the win after pitching the fifth and sixth innings.  Dye allowed two runs on four hits and had two strikeouts.  Cody Connally earned the save.

Trey Setzer took the loss for the Maroon team. Zach Steed led the Maroon with two hits, two RBI and one run.

“All the guys got after it and it was a hard fought series. It definitely gives us momentum heading into the offseason,” said senior third baseman Judd Edwards. “Now we know what we need to work on.”