Warhawks struggle to keep leads

Srdjan Marjanovic

Love, Salanoa have big week­end vs FAU

On Saturday, the ULM softball team traveled to Boca Raton, Flor­ida, to take on the Florida Atlantic Owls.

Janel Salanoa prepares to take a swing

During Saturday’s game ,one of the double header Senior Brianna Love, moved into the record book by hitting her 14 career triple, put­ting her in a tie for first place with former ULM great Kristen Baker.

But that proved to be the only bright spot of for the Hawk as they went on to lose 3-1. Jessica Olguin batted in the lone run with Tiffany Mills taking the loss.

In the nightcap, the Hawks were sure to get off to a hot start; they loaded the bases and scored two in the first inning. But, the Owls didn’t go down easily; they bounced back to take 3-2 lead into the third inning.

The Hawks would get the come back win thanks to Brianna Love’s two run home run in the 6 inning to give the

Hawks the 7-6 victory. Janel Salanoa was most of the offense for the day as she went 3 for 4 with 2 runs, 3 RBI and a homerun. Heather Fritz picked up the save and moved into 3rd place all-time in save at ULM.

On Sunday, the Hawks were down 0-2 early in the first. In the third, Brianna Love continued her dominant play over the last week with another home run, which tied the game at two apiece.

She is now only one homerun away from being tied for first in ca­reer home runs at ULM. The War­hawks would take a 4-2 lead into the fourth, but the Owls would score the next four to take the game, 6-4 and the series.