New society plans to lead campus leaders to success

Several students received an email this week that was quickly rumored as a scam, according to Roslyn Pogue. 

The email was an invitation to join the National Society of Leadership and Success. The society is a real organization.

The National Society of Leadership and Success, also known as Sigma Alpha Pi, is an organization that helps people discover and achieve their goals.

The society offers life-changing lectures from the nation’s leading presenters and a community where like-minded, success-oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed, according to the organization’s website.

The society also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world.

Four hundred chapters have been established in colleges nationwide since 2001 including some close to home such as Louisiana State University and Louisiana Tech University.

Pogue said our campus strives to produce well-rounded students by giving them career-minded opportunities such as workshops, career fairs and the NSLS.

“Give this an opportunity to empower you to make a positive impact in communities through a unique experience,” Pogue said.

Nicole Davis is a junior communications major and president of the ULM chapter of NSLS. The society reached out to Davis and asked if she would be interested in joining.

After doing further research, Davis found that it was a credible organization and was flown out to the national headquarters to be trained on the details of the society from fundraisers to management and speaker broadcasts.

Davis said the goal is to build leaders who make a better world.