Where’s Waldo?

Wheres Waldo?

The Honors Program is bringing to life the childhood game of “Where’s Waldo” November 17th from 1-4pm.  It’s a campus-wide hunt for a real- life Waldo. Students are to search far and wide, except any administrative buildings.

The Honors Program is selling tickets under the Student Union Building (SUB), $3 for singles and $5 for a team of two.  Participants are playing for $100 Wal-mart gift card, or if they are in a team, each will play for a $50 Wal-Mart gift card.  All proceeds will go the Honors Program.

Among one of the great benefits of being an honor student is receiving scholarships in all the semesters, including winter session, maymester, and summer courses.

Being an honor student comes with many other perks, but they didn’t get them by sitting down. Students must score at least a 27 to be in the program, but a score of 25 may be considered. A high GPA is also required of the students.

Currently the program has 31 members, but Christian Rubio, Spanish professor and director of the Honors Program, is hoping increase that number to 60-70 students.

“Our students have become more involved on campus and this is one of the many ways they show it,” said Rubio.

Sunny Diaz, a sophomore Spanish/ English major from Dry Prong and the treasurer/ secretary of the Honors Program, is very excited about the Waldo hunt.  “It’s like finally beating the Carmen Sandiego game, and winning money too,” said Diaz.