500 days later, White House washes hands of terrorist trials

1 DAY TILL RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN

After a nearly 500 day hold out, Obama’s administration has put down its sticks and picked up its reelection posters, announcing that Khalid Shakh Mohammed and his four conspirators will be tried in a military court.

After much political opposition, Attorney General, Eric Holder, an­nounced on April 4th that the five suspected 9/11 co-conspirators would be sent back to Gitmo to be tried, where they started.

In an attempt to appear as po­lar as possible from its predeces­sor, the Obama administration petitioned for the terrorists being tried in a civil court of law.

Doing so would provide not only noncitizens, but enemies of the state, with American civ­il rights.

A military tribunal (a military court designed to try members of enemy forces during wartime) is the only logical answer to han­dling one of the masterminds be­hind the attacks that started the War on Terror.

During a civil court of law, ev­idence would be restricted, and any evidence obtained through coercion against those being tried would be disregarded.

It’s a good thing the Attorney General did not get his way, or else one of the world’s most dan­gerous men may have gotten off as easily as former Gitmo prison­er, Ahmed Ghailani.

Ghailani was the first Gitmo prisoner to ever be tried in a civil court of law (for the bombings of U.S. embassies in Tanzania), done so under the Obama administra­tion.

The terrorist was acquitted of all but one of 280 charges against him last November.

After such a ridiculous polit­ical runaround, it is a relief that the White House has heeded Con­gress.

They decided to cut their losses and wash their hands of the situa­tion, refocusing their attention on their cuddly image.

It is no coincidence that the day Holder announced the prison­ers’ being sent back to Guantana­mo Bay was the same day Obama’s administration started its re-elec­tion campaign.

After a term of flawed of Obam­acare, tax cut extensions for the wealthy and other failed promis­es that never really brought about that much “change,” Obama is looking to appear as squeaky clean as possible.

That includes what was the pending trial.

Now, over a year later, families of 9/11 victims still wait to see jus­tice brought to the men suspect­ed of having a hand in the killing 3,000 people.

That is almost as many U.S. ca­sualties as in the Iraq war.

Yet, because of political angles, the American public had to wait until the trial was not longer con­venient for the White House to see matters settled.