Concert choir returns to campus after whirl-wind tour

ULM’s Concert Choir is poised to come back home
ULM's Concert Choir is poised to come back home

The Choral Department recent­ly performed their annual recruit­ing tour. With almost 70 singers, the choir performed at eight dif­ferent high schools in eight differ­ent cities while recruiting students to audition for ULM’s choir.

Director of Choral Activities, Deborah Chandler, was more than pleased with the outcome of the tour.

“We received numerous names of students interested in audition­ing for ULM. We received standing ovations, and the students repre­sented ULM very well,” said Chan­dler.

The choir began their tour in Al­exandria and ended back in Mon­roe. Along with performing them­selves, the choir was also asked to watch high schools perform for them.

“If a high school wanted to per­form for us, we would watch. We had a blast; it helped us become closer as a group, closer as a choir and as a department,” said Chan­dler.

Senior music performance ma­jor from Redlands, Calif., Jennifer Free, agreed that the tour was ben­eficial in not only recruiting stu­dents for the ULM choir but also in helping the already established members grow closer.

“I had a blast; it was my third time going. The choir really came together as a whole. Of the three years I’ve been here, this is the closest we’ve all been,” said Free.

If you’re interested in the ULM Choral Program you can contact choir director Deborah Chandler at [email protected].