All majors career fair set for Wednesday

Career Connections will host its all majors career fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday on the second floor of the SUB to help juniors, seniors and non-traditional students find internships and jobs in their desired career fields.

More than 50 companies will be in attendance looking for potential future employees for their companies.

Unfortunately, the pre-fair workshops to train students are filled, but students can still attend the all majors career fair and setup appointments with the Career Connections staff for assistance with their resumes before the event.

Students should wear business attire, have their resumes and arrive with their brightest smile.

Alberta Brown-Green, director of Career Connections, encourages students to use her office to prepare for the career fair.

“We want the students to get some tips before going to the career fair to ensure that they have great encounters with the company representatives,” Green said.

The workshops consist of resume reviews, interview training and a session called speed-interviewing, which is where a student sits down with a staff member for a total of two minutes: one minute to interview and another minute for feedback.

After that two minute time-frame, they move to the next staff member and repeat the process.

The all majors career fair is going to allow students to use interviewing skills they received during the workshops and other pre-fair training opportunities on company representatives.

Whitney Long, a political science senior, has been to previous career fairs and plans on going to this week’s career fair.

“The career fairs are helpful for the future,” Long said. “Being able to have those connections after the fair gives a student hope after graduation that they can contact one of the companies for a job or internship.”