Cable channels go missing

Jaquarrius Ignont plays video games when his favorite cable channels black out.

Recently, the students at ULM have been experiencing difficulties with their cable. Their biggest complaint is some of their channels are going in and out, but channels like Cartoon Network are flat out missing.

Corey Williams said he noticed Cartoon Network has been completely shut off but said he wouldn’t get to watch it much anyway.

“I miss them when I get the chance to watch them,” said Williams, a psychology sophomore from Bossier City. He also added when he does get to watch TV, it only helps him procrastinate. “I cannot function with my ‘Family Guy,’” he says.

Other students like Alyssa Flowers and Logan Knox said it doesn’t make a difference to them at all.

“I have a TV here, but I haven’t turned it on since I got it,” said Knox, a freshman mass communication major from West Monroe.

Flowers, a music theater senior from Shreveport, said while she stays busy and doesn’t get to watch TV much, she has noticed channels are missing. “Honestly I’m so busy I never get to watch TV unless it just so happens to be a dead weekend,” said Flowers.

It would seem busy students don’t watch a lot of TV, but when they do get to watch it, they miss those channels that were once there.

Mike Trevathan, the executive director of auxiliary enterprises, said Cartoon Network is not provided locally anymore. ULM is currently working with Comcast to get other channels back.