CAB, Mardis Gras court elections this week

CAB is responsible for hosting many events on campus. New officers will be elected Wednesday and Thursday.

Voting begins Wednesday; ends Thursday

Voting for Campus Activity Board (CAB) officers and Mardi Gras Court starts Wednesday. The voting will end on Thursday, and all students are encouraged to vote either online or via the ULM app for smart-phones.

In order for students to run for Mardi Gras court, they must be nominated by a recognized student organization and maintain a 2.5 GPA.

The Mardi Gras Ball is in its ninth year running and was started by former President James Cofer. According to the SGA adviser’s secretary Betty Fox, Cofer asked if the SGA would be interested in something like the Mardi Gras Ball. The SGA has held it ever since.

The Mardi Gras Ball will be 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012, in the SUB Ballroom. All students are invited to attend.

CAB officers must also have the 2.5 GPA, but they also must have spent at least one semester in the organization.

This year there are 11 students running for CAB officer positions.

CAB is responsible for hosting many events on campus, which provide entertainment and educational opportunities for students.

All those wishing to join CAB can file an application for membership at the Student Life and Leadership office in the Student Center adjacent to the SUB.