CAB, Mardi Gras court winners announced

Campus Activities Board (CAB) has announced the winners of the 2012-2013 CAB officers and Mardi Gras Court elections.

The 2012-2013 CAB officers include: Dawson Beene, president; Kylie Stracener, vice president; Kemper Block, treasurer; Jarred Keller, public relations.

A run-off election will be held for secretary between Amit “Ray” Rajkarnikar and Stephanie Fraser.

As the new president for CAB, Dawson Beene said he plans on “having fun events that can relate to the whole student body.”

“I want everyone to feel welcome and know that they have a friend in us,” Beene said.

He said he doesn’t have any specific projects lined up but he does have a lot of ideas.

The CAB officers will work on projects around campus and also advertise the upcoming events sponsored by CAB. The CAB officers will also get a chance to work with the president and administration at ULM on important issues of the university.

Students who become CAB officers are “able to gain valuable leadership skills and experience,” said Nathan Hall, Assistant Dean of Student Life and Leadership.

Ahmaad Solmone was elected as this year’s Mardi Gras king, and Mary Barber was elected as queen.

Rachel Barnes was elected as maid for the College of Arts and Sciences.

Run-off elections will be held for the following positions: College of Pharmacy maid candidates Mandi Simmons and Samantha Craig; College of Education and Human Development maid candidates Mon’et Zeno and Haley Alford; and College of Business maid candidates Stephanie Fraser and Holly Betts.

Those elected as beaus include: Jameson Johns, pharmacy; Johntavious Hampton, health sciences; Rick Sanders, education; Luke Reagan, business; and Amit “Ray” Rajkarnikar, arts and sciences.

The run-off elections will be Wednesday, Nov. 30 and Thursday, Dec. 1.