Numerous Monroe stores offer student discounts

ULM faculty, staff and students can receive discounts at many businesses around Monroe and West Monroe.
Places, such as Johnny’s Pizza, AT&T, Orange Leaf and Charlotte Rousse, offer discounts ranging from $1 off to 10 to 15 percent off.
Katy Jordan, a pre-dental hygiene sophomore from Natchitoches, said being able to save even just a dollar with the discounts helps.
“I think it’s great that the community gives students the opportunity to save some money,” Jordan said.
Apple offers university students, faculty and staff special pricing on Apple computers, software and select third party products. When checking out, ask the cashier if their business offers a discount. If so, you’ll be required to show your ULM ID to verify.
For a complete list of local businesses offering the discount go to ulm.edu/perks.
Brook Sebren. coordinator of auxiliary enterprises, said the discounts have been around for four or five years, but the website that lists all of the businesses is not well known by students.
“Offering discounts is a win-win for both the business and the University because they can attract new customers, and we, the University, can reap the benefits,” Sebren said.
Amber Atkins, a senior business major from Monroe, said she’s used the discounts before and thinks they’re a great idea.
“Being a college student, for many, means that most of our time is spent studying and not as much as we’d like is spent working,” Atkins said.
If students know of other businesses that offer or would like to offer a discount to ULM students, faculty, and staff, they can go to the perks website, click the “please email us” link on the top of the page and send an email with the business’ name and information about the discount.