Sororities choose new sisters on bid day

Sororities gained new members on Monday. Rush week ended with “bid day,” the day when potential new members choose a sorority. 

The potential new members attended parties last Friday, Saturday and Sunday to decide which sorority to join.

At the end of the week, sororities offered bids to the potential new members. On “bid day” the girls who received bids accepted or denied the bid they’ve received.

“I chose Alpha Omicron Pi because I felt most at home there. I really clicked with the girls I had gotten a chance to talk to and knew that AOII would be the best fit for me,” said Rebecca Baudin, a freshman biology major.

Kelsey Moore, a pre-dental hygiene junior, said she joined Kappa Delta because she felt most comfortable in that sorority.

“I joined Kappa Delta because that is where I felt I could be my true self,” Moore said.

Moore also said she’s excited about the connection she’s making with the girls in her sorority.

“I’m gaining 100 new friends that can help with school or just be there for me when I’m having a bad day,” Moore said.

Leslie Neider, a freshman pre-nursing major from Dallas continued a family tradition by joining Alpha Omicron Pi.

“My mom was an AOII at ULM as well, and when I met the girls in the chapter I absolutely fell in love and knew that I wanted to follow in my mom’s footsteps and join as well,” Neider said.

Mallorie Hays, a sophomore biology major, said being in AOII will mean having connections with the other members for the rest of her life.

“During school, I know that I will have people to help motivate me, and even some that will be taking the same classes that can help me as well,” Hays said.