Education college receives top raking

A college ranking website listed the College of Education and Human Development as one of the nation’s best online programs.

GetEducated.com is a company that ranks and rates universities based on many factors; the main two being affordability and credibility.

After being reviewed and compared to many other programs nationwide, multiple ULM CEHD programs received “best buy for online degree” recognition.

With the average price of tuition and distance learning fees less than $11,000, ULM’s online Master’s of Art in Teaching ranked in at number two when it came to affordability compared to other MAT programs.

Along with the affordability ranking, MAT also received an “A” as an overall rating. 

Victoria Miller, a graduate history and art of teaching student, was happy to hear of the rankings.

“It makes me feel confident that my degree will be worth something once I graduate,” said Miller.

The online Master’s of Art in Teaching wasn’t the only ULM program recognized. The Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction ranked number six when compared to 35 other programs.

The majority of the programs on the list, including ULM, price of tuition and fees were under $15,000. The difference between the highest ranking program and ULM’s MCI was only $3,730.

ULM’s online Masters in Education ranked number 27 out of 367 programs, the affordability being rated with an “A-.”

“We already knew we provided a quality online program, but to be recognized as one of the ‘best buy’ programs was really a positive thing,” said Sandra Lemoine, dean of the college. “You may be able to find an online program that’s affordable, but the degree may be low quality.”

The online Master’s in Educational Administration also received a solid ranking of 10 with an overall “A-” for affordability.

“We’re grateful for the recognition,” said Lemoine. “ULM is a great school, and we’re competing with some of the top online universities. It lets people know that not only do we offer a quality education, but an affordable one as well.”