31 Ambassadors build campus pride one t-shirt a time

Who doesn’t love a free t-shirt in exchange of an old one? The answer was clear as students lined up, even before the starting time for 31 Ambassadors’ biannual t-shirt swap last week.

“We generally have a lot of students lined up before noon. If they don’t arrive by then, they won’t get any because we run out of the t-shirts by that time,” said Allison Willard, a biology senior and secretary of 31 Ambassadors.

T-shirts this year had the sketch of  ULM library along with elements of the bayou like the egret, turtles and cypress, all inside the Louisiana state map. Last semester, the t-shirts only had the new ULM logo.

As per the rules of t-shirt swap, a student could exchange up to two old t-shirts from any other university for brand new ULM t-shirts.

According to Willard, the rule was in place to help minimize number of students wearing other universities’ t-shirts.

“Also, we donate these t-shirts to people going on mission trips. We have contacted the Wesley Foundation too,” Willard said.

“I live in Baton Rouge, so I didn’t find it difficult to get another university’s t-shirt,” said Brynn Castagnetta, a dental hygiene junior.

T-shirts this semester came in two colors: Baby blue and grey. A total of 725 t-shirts were exchanged at this two-day event.